Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SXM Day 3

Sunshine!
Now that’s more like it. Today was lazily spent at La Playa beach club with plenty of interesting characters to be seen on the beach. That’s when I really wish I had a friend around – someone to give the bug eyes to when a thong-speedo goes walking by. I bought a Reggae CD from a Rasta guy who was cruising up and down the beach with a disc man and a pair of headphones. It was supposed to cost $9 but he gave "Blondie" a sale price of $7. However, I did not take him up on his offer to be his girlfriend while I am in town.

I finally left the beach, around 4pm, and returned to the villa for a quick swim, and that’s when the craziness started. The villa where I am staying has four studio units that face in towards a common area that features a pool. Three couples traveling together are staying in the other units. They are in their fifties, American - and are having themselves a pretty good time. Such a good time that they stripped down and went for a skinny dip right in front of me. I guess that's what one might call "bad naked".
I think they might be swingers. Wannabe swingers at a minimum.

I ventured out to the village for dinner and had a nice prosciutto pizza and a glass of chardonnay at Safari Grill, a restaurant en-plein-air. I met a nice, older couple from Victoria, B.C. who thought I was "such a lovely girl" and practically pinched my cheeks from across the table.
If they only knew.

0 comments: