Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 2


Rain.
I so tried to stay positive. I went for a short walk and had café au lait and a pain au chocolat under the shelter of an awning. I returned to my villa and worked on writing this blog. I made myself a nice lunch. I laized around by the pool when it stopped for a short while. But no amount of positive energy can change the fact that it really sucks that it is raining.

To cure my cabin fever I walked to the village and had a couple of beers at an outdoor café filled with disgruntled French ladies with pursed lips and a couple of American men with cowboy hats, no shirts and beer cozies they clearly brought from home.

It poured all night so I stayed in, made a lovely dinner (pasta with roasted olives and tomatoes with chevre) which I ate with a nice Sauvignon Blanc on my sheltered terrace and caught up on season four of The Wire (Sheeeeee-it).

0 comments: