Saturday, December 10, 2011

Upper Class!!!

After 3 amazing weeks in India I was sad to leave. I had splurged a bit to fly in Premium Economy with Virgin Atlantic in and out of London, and was very happy with the service I had received on the way to Delhi. Lots of space, comfortable seats, decent food...as good as it can get on an airplane. Or so I thought.

After spending all my left-over rupees in the airport gift-shops and having a taste from home (a Subway sub!), I boarded the plane for my 10 hour journey back to London. I was psyched to have a front row which allowed me to have a bit of extra room...but was even more psyched when a lovely flight attendant came and got me to bring me to my new seat...in Row 7. As in...Upper Class Row 7. Lucky. Lucky. Lucky. How can one girl possibly be so lucky?

I cannot even describe the smile that must have been plastered on my face for the next 10 wonderful hours. I imagine the flight attendants must love it when someone is especially grateful for the experience of Upper Class. "Would you like some Champagne?" Ummm....YES! There's a wine list, a cheese platter for a snack, a bar where you can go have a cocktail. Free magazines to read. My seat reclined and turned into a bed with a duvet and pillow. But, seriously, who could possibly sleep in a situation like this!? The sad part is, I may have very well been the only one really enjoying myself. I mean, I was happier than a dog with his head out the window of a car. How could you not be?

I will forever be indebted to Virgin Atlantic for their random act of kindness and hope I will someday have the opportunity to fly with them again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day! You some sort of pro? Nice message. Are you able to tell me how one can subscribe your weblog?



my webpage tips to get pregnant