Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last Stop: Cape Town

My last stop - South Africa. My third visit to this beautiful country in less than two years was less extensive and action-packed than the previous visits, but still special nonetheless.

My illness in Mauritius really knocked me off my feet, and was still lingering by the time I arrived in Cape Town. I was tired, but excited to see friends and just relax. It was a good way to make the transition from tourist back to regular life. Just chilling out and putting down my camera for a while.

My 4 days were spent at the fabulous Cape Royale hotel - where I had spent my first visit to Cape Town. I spent my time shopping, getting a much needed pedicure, relaxing with friends by the pool and having some great dinners and a few nights on the town. We also checked out an amazing Sunday market at the Biscuit Mill - a must see for any foodie. Despite the coughing and exhaustion, I still managed to have a blast.

I didn't take many photos on this trip, but on one very memorable dinner, I took this snap of the sunset from the beach at Camps Bay...which was followed by drinks at the famous Cape Grace hotel in the pretty harbour. A fabulous way to end the trip of a life-time.


 

0 comments: