Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 5: Seize the Day!

 

Beautiful Sunshine!

I started my day off with a bit of yummy baguette and strawberry "confiture" from France while sitting in the sun on my terrace. Then it was off to La Playa to make the very best of this glorious day - which would be my last full day on the island...for a while at least. I had a great lunch and a terrific bottle of cold rose. My servers at La Playa were awesome and took great care of me all day. The food there is fantastic and reasonably priced - I would recommend it to anyone heading to Orient Beach. It is also affiliated with L'Hoste hotel, which I haven't seen first hand but am told is a great place to stay. Rooms run about $200 a night and include breakfast.

After a quick power nap, I headed back to the beach for drinks at the Bikini Beach Bar and met some fun and crazy people from all over the world - Brittany, Lyon, St.Lucia, Boston...and Stratford, Ontario. After some beers and...yikes...passion fruit margaritas, we all ended up in a "secret" club up above the Thai restaurant in the village, which was quite possibly the classiest, coolest booze-can I have ever seen. Shenanigans ensued but I knew exactly when to pull the chute and "mysterioed" my way home sometime after midnight.

0 comments: