Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eight is great...

I am all booked to take my eighth trip in the eighth month of this year. Pretty incredible to think I may actually meet my goal - without going broke, failing at my job or having my cat forget who I am.

I was originally planning to go away with a couple of my girlfriends who, as teachers, have the summer off. We took an amazing, fun trip together last summer...and were hoping to recreate the madness of our adventure, but plans changed and I decided I still wanted to beach it up on a solo trip. For years I have been hoping and wishing to visit a particular Jamaican hotel that gets such glowing reviews and now I'll actually have the chance!

Jake's - one of Chris Blackwell's Island Outpost hotel's - is located on the remote and tourist-free southwest coast of Jamaica. Check out the website to see exactly why I am so excited to visit. It looks like just my kind of place - off the beaten path, a chill vibe, good food and a beautiful view of the sea. I will be there for 4 nights before heading into Negril for a 3 night stay. There, I will be shacking up cliff-side at the incredible Rockhouse Hotel. Check out the link - it looks so incredible.

I cannot wait!

0 comments: