Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday, right?

I'm starting to forget which day of the week it is. That's a good thing in my books.

Thursday was all about chilling in the sun and I was definitely up for the task. There were no clouds in the sky...and very little wind...so it was necessary to develop a bit of a routine that involved sun, pool, bar, suntan lotion, then repeat. The pool here is a lovely mosaic-tiled, free-form design filled with saltwater. This is terrific because it allows you float around with very little work involved. I tested out my brand new underwater camera. It's great for it's ability to let me chill about ruining my camera near / in water and sand, but the picture quality just doesn't even remotely measure up to my SLR. I knew it wouldn't, but I was still hoping for a little better. I may have to upgrade when I get home.

It was a quiet day. And an early night - but not before another delicious dinner at Jake's poolside restaurant under the pretty lights up in the trees. This time I kicked things off with some Rum Punch and an appetizer portion of guacamole followed by a vegetarian pasta and some watermelon-ginger sorbet.

More food travel tales tomorrow...whatever day that is...


































0 comments: