Friday, May 6, 2011

Runaway Bride & Groom

I'll admit it. I am a sucker for a wedding. What's not to like? Food, family, friends, fancy clothes, fun...you know, all the good things in life that start with "f".
So it's no surprise that I did wake up extra early to watch The Royal Wedding, just as I had thirty years ago for that other royal wedding. Weddings are a beautiful thing. So back in the fall when I received an invite to the destination wedding of two lovely friends - Vince and Katie - it was a no-brainer. The wedding, which took place in Runaway Bay, Jamaica in early April was filled with lots of laughs, sunshine and a very happy bride and groom.






































As it was my second visit to Jamaica within a year, I was excited to see a whole new side of island I hadn't made it to previously. Our resort - the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay - located about an hour east of Montego Bay was lovely but a truly massive resort. So big, in fact, that some people (no names mentioned) had an incredibly challenging time locating their room...for several days. Needless to say, between the lost hotel rooms, good (and bad) bartering on the beach, a naked "Jersey Shore" swim chase in the pool and a swan dive in the Town Square fountain, there was definitely not a shortage of good comedy.

Nor was there a shortage of good food. So good it deserves it's own post...stay tuned.

































0 comments: