Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TKO

Totally. Kick-Ass. Outing.

Knowing that I had very little personal time in Bangkok, the only thing really on my list to do was to see a Muay Thai Boxing Match. Fortunately for me, I was traveling with some equally blood-thirsty individuals and we made a plan to do it on Wednesday night. Ring-side seats for Rajdamnoen stadium were at a reasonable price of 2000 Baht a person. The fighters were mostly youngish (but incredibly tough) Thai boys.. And while the matches were great – it was the fans that were the highlight. People were screaming and yelling with the kind of passion rarely seen at any sporting event I’ve ever been to. And while not a drop of blood was spilled, we did see a knock-out. I know this kind of thing isn’t for everyone but, in all honesty, the scariest thing about the match was the cockroaches running around on the floor.




0 comments: