Monday, March 8, 2010

Blame it on the rain...

I'm noticing a trend - it's rained on all of my vacations so far this year. But after a sunny, mild week here in Los Angeles, I can't really complain. Besides, there are lots of fun things to do in the rain....like shopping!

After an amazing breakfast at 25-Degrees (a cool little diner in our hotel) we headed over to the Beverley Centre for a marathon shopping session. Hello Macys!!! I bought a pair of Marc Jacobs gold, strappy flats and a pair of Harajuku Lovers wedges both for 75% off...plus we got an additional 10% and 15% off through various deals the store was promoting. So I walked away with 2 pairs of designers shoes and a pair of black, skinny Levi's for under $100. A trip to the DSW also yielded a nice pair of Calvin Klein heels for $70. Success!

On an internet tip, dinner plans were made for Antonio's on Melrose, an authentic Mexican family-style restaurant. After a fresh strawberry margarita for me (and straight-up tequila for Anca), we dove right into the guacamole, chips and salsa. A fresh sangria helped wash-down our mains - beef with a mole sauce for Anca and a combo of chorizo enchilada, beef taco and steak for me. Though we couldn't finish it all, it was a valiant effort. Then it was back to the Tropicana bar for a night cap.

Who says a rainy day can't be fun?




































0 comments: