Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vancouver: Day 1

After a "very" early morning alarm buzz, I made my way through a good heap of fresh, unplowed snow to the airport...in my Mini Cooper. Talk about the start of an adventure. My flight was fairly uneventful despite having a middle seat at the front (I'm a tailie who likes an aisle) but it was cool to see so many other excited people en route to the games...including two Olympic participants from Brazil sitting in the seats behind me in their uniforms. And this time my personal TV screen worked! Yay.

I arrived exhausted and was happy to find that a friend from the Vancouver branch of my company could pick me. I spend the day working from the local office but insisted on a lunch time visit to Whitespot for what is now a Vancouver tradition. Mmmmm. Triple O, how I love you.
It is raining here, of course. But it's warm, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
It was a very low-key day...and an early night. Pedicures, a walk in the pouring rain, warm comfort food and then a really good sleep. The real adventure starts tomorrow.

0 comments: